In order to try to answer all of the questions that will probably be asked, here is a great list of fun facts!
- Yes, of course we're super excited! I didn't feel anything other than sickness for the first four months, so the happiness is just starting to kick in for me. (Give me a break - it was hard to be happy about something that made me feel dreadful! #Hormonal) Sunil has been all smiles since the beginning and has been a HUGE help in taking care of me and making me rest. He's the best.
- Our due date is December 26th! We're still taking bets whether it will be a 2017 or 2018 baby. (Hmm... tax break for this year or insurance deductible met for next year? Both are tempting!)
- I'm officially 16 weeks along (and a few days). My belly is mostly food (#cravings), but I stuck it out for pictures just for fun! :)
- We've decided to not find out the gender! Neither one of us feel really strongly about finding out the sex of the baby, so we've decided to wait until we can hold it! Also, neither one of us has a big hope on what it ends up being. When posed the question, "What do you want?", we usually respond with, "A baby!" :)
- The first round of names have been picked out, but we're not telling anyone! Mostly because they could probably change quite a bit in the next few months. Also... how intimidating is it to give a child a name that they'll have for the rest of their LIFE?? No pressure.
- Because I'm extremely low risk and my family's wonder women have a great history of natural births, we're using a local birth center, midwife, and are just about to start interviewing doulas! If you have doula recommendations, send them our way!
- Yes, I had/have morning sickness. More like all-day sickness. I'm FINALLY feeling better and not throwing up all the time, so I'm hoping this second trimester will yield more energy and less vomiting/ab work outs!
- No, our baby will probably not have blue hair. Oddly enough... this is actually a question that we've been asked many times... Do people know how that works? ;) (Hopefully it has hair though! Hairy babies are so cute!)
As always, we're trusting that God is in control of all our plans, dreams, and hopes. So we'll take each day as it comes and pray that we get to keep this precious baby safe for as long as possible! Yay babies!! :)